what would u do if u really loved ur husband but he had a drug problem

I have a friend that really loves her husband , they have that once in a life time love. Everything was alright at first then he had an injury and was put onto pain pills, the doctor told him he would be on them the rest of his life. he got around some people that was shooting up pain pills and he tried it . now he is addicted to the feeling . she has offered to get him help but he thinks he has no problem . he honestly thinks that it is the only way to ease his pain. now she catches him lieing about doing it alot . what advise can i give her

tomcatsbabygirl

Asked by tomcatsbabygirl at 12:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• If she loves him, she needs to stay and try to get him help. But I agree with pp that if it starts to get abusive, then thats the time to leave. She needs to get him away from those people that shoot them up. If he continues to be around them, things are not going to change. What kind of injury does he have?
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I personally, if he doesn't want help, would leave. Maybe that will wake him up.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If he doesn't want help i would kick him out, divorce him and keep him away from our kids. Our kids don't need to put up with that shit.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Been in some similar situation I adviced her to leave. If he doesn't want help thing will go down and down. That's what happen to my daughter bio-dad. He was a great college student going for physcology but he started taking pills, plus smoking pot and thing went from bad to worse. He abused me physically while pregnant and I had to leave. Now he is so fuck up from all the drug he is mentally disable by the social security. We have no contact whatsoever. Good luck to your friend.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 12:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• that is the only prob she has with leaving is that he treats her like a queen. he cooks, cleans helps with the kids and will wait on her hand and foot if she would let him. i mean everybody envies her life because he is such a wonderful man but he just has that one prob and he told her he would quit , but she has caught him doing it anyway. what about involentery commitment
    tomcatsbabygirl

Comment by tomcatsbabygirl (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• he formed 3 blood clots in his leg now he has big ulsers on his legs that havent healed in 9 years and then he hurt his back and they just told him his back is in real bad shape plus he has perphial neuropathy and numerous other pain causing problems
    tomcatsbabygirl

Comment by tomcatsbabygirl (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sometimes no matter how much you love someone you have to walk away.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2010