what is a good thing to do to calm bad nerves without meds.

I have very bad nerves and mood swings . I dont want to take meds for it but i keep my stomach in knots all the time thinking about what could happen even though most of the time what i think will happen dosent. from the time i open my eyes in the mornings til the time i got to bed my nerves are shot. I always have that feeling that somthing bad is going to happen and i cant seem to find anything to ease it . suggestions please

tomcatsbabygirl

Asked by tomcatsbabygirl at 12:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• Take a warm bath. Journal your thoughts.
    Much like I tell my children they can change their bad dreams at night, worries can be changed, too.
    When you have a worry, take a part of that thought and re create the story into a good moment, positive thought, or even write a neat little story about it.
    Worry eats away at us. Relax and let your thoughts take you beyond what your worries are about. Imagine. Dream. Hope.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 3:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Meditate. Think of something beautiful. Breathe deeply.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Regular yoga and meditation. Yoga incorporates meditation and the exercise of it releases endorphins, so you feel good all over :) Also, keeping a journal or something may help you to just get the thoughts out of your head.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Like the others have suggested, I would say meditate. it can be very calming. Also, not sure how you feel about nature, but maybe a nice walk in the woods would help calm some of your stress. Or, just a slow walk around the block.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010