• In the Spotlight:

Is it normal for a 18 month old boy to hump?

He didn't see it on t.v. its not like that more when hes tired.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I think it's normal. My niece does it too. She came over to spend the night with us and started humping my couch. I was like hmmmmm, you ok sweetie. Lol.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Don't worry he is normal. Small children are just exploring their bodies and humping feels good. If he does it during inappropriate times (when company is siting on the couch) just try changing his attention to something else. You definitely don't want to punish him.
    Anonymous

• when my nephew was that age he did that, we all thought okay, but whenever he got tired or upset he would just lie on the floor and do that until he went to sleep. It was a way of him calming himself down. But he grew out of it when he was about 3. I think it is a phase some kids go through. It was kind of weird, tho. But they are just kids they don't know what they are doing. It just a way of calming them down.
    3boys2luv

Answer by 3boys2luv at 9:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2008