Is there any name that you cannot stand to be called?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not that I can think of. Other than this guy at work calls me Krista when my name is on my smock. Kristi
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I really dislike being called "hon" or "sweetie" by a person younger than I am. (I'm 37) I also can't stand when store employees try to be overly familiar by using my first name off my check. The check reads "Deborah", only my mother gets to call me that!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I do not like when someone calls me "Honey" or Sweetie". It is very condescending whether it is from someone my age, older or younger. I also don't like Ma'am by someone younger, I am only 38 and definitely do not feel old enough by any means to be called Ma'am. Although I know it is out of respect.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yup and it annoys the crap out of me, but how can I hurt someones feelings when they are doing it out of love.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It use to be lady!!! It is actually the way it is said and the context. Very sexist especially in the 80s and 90s.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Jademom.. I hate that too!! My bitch neighbor purposely calls me Kaylee when my name is Kayla..ugh.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• "Jessi" by practically anyone, "Babe" or "Baby" by creepers.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• In 8th grade our teacher...a nun would call all females lady or girl or girly...I haaated that. We all have names, use them!
    My name is Susan, and I haaate when people automatically call me Sue...I hate being called Sue. Men aaaallways automatically call me Susie, and I am ok with that one.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Hootie826- Im one of those people who call everyone hon, or sweetie. So Im sorry/ =)

& I can't stand to be Kathleen or Kate.... My real name is Kathleen & Its too formal sounding... Although I hate Catie just as much, I go with the lesser of the two evils that I call my name....

Also very few people have ever gotten away with Calling me Kate or Cathy.. (my stepfather called me kate, & yea. Cathy was my childhood best friends mom who passed away to Lung cancer when I was ten. & she's always been cathy. I feel funny when people call me that.)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well, NOBODY (other than my friends and family) ever pronounces my name right... I especially hate the way those automated messages butcher it, heh. But it's not exactly a common name, so I guess I understand. I do hate it when anybody (regardless of how old they are) calls me "honey" or "sweetie". It just sounds so condescending to me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010