Any Mother's on here found out they were having twins well into their pregnancy, when first being told that they were only having one?

Done alot of research but havn'g actually talked to anyone directly that has had this happen..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES A FRIEND OF MINE THAT HAPPEND TO HER THEY DIDNT SEE THE OTHER BABY TILL SHE WAS 7 MONTHS AND THEY ONLY PICKED UP ONE HEART BEAT BUT BOTH BOYS WERE GOOD AND NOW ARE WALKING AT 8 MONTHS!
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thanks, did she have an ultrasound initially and they still told her she was having one? I only ask because I've been having some serious issues. When my husband and I first found out we were pregnat we had an ultrasound to determine how far we were. The lady said she seen two sacs and was searching for two babies---I seen what she seen.......Then after searching she said she only seen one baby and didn't she did actually see two sacs...That was when I was only afew weeks along---we had another vaginal ultrasound within that same time fram and were told the same thing.....One baby....

I have had 3 other children and this pregnancy is unlike any I've ever experienced.....I even had fetal movement way before I should have and it was on both sides of my stomach at the same time basically, and that baby was still very small..Like the size of a small kiwi or smaller...I just feel like I am & wanted to talk to other people.
    gizmoears04

Answer by gizmoears04 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• tell your concerns with your doctor.....how far along are you?
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yep, I talked to my doctor and he basically disregarded everything I was saying. When I told him how sick I still was when all that should have passed by now--his response was "Oh, you're just pregnant". Like this is my first time or something. I'm 17 weeks none and needless to say, I'm switching doctors. I see a midwife in a few weeks and I'm excited about that. I heard she's awesome and more understanding of your concerns. I had asked my doctor to check my HCG levels to see if they were elevated and he declined...I researched and found out high HCH levels could also be a sign of multiples...

I've been showing for along time now, way before I should have been and I had lost weight prior to getting pregnant and my stomach was pretty much flat from me walking everyday. I've even been looking at twin belly pictures and mine looks like some of theirs, but everyone is dfferent. Sorry to rant..
    gizmoears04

Answer by gizmoears04 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am not saying you aren't carrying twins but with each pregnancy you will show earlier than the one before. And also with each pregnancy you may or may not feel different. One could be worse than the other but it does not mean you are carrying twins or what sex you are carrying. How you feel has more to do with the hormone levels going through your body at the time.

I am 36 weeks pregnant and this is my 3rd full term baby and I was showing at 10 weeks and feel worse than my other pregnancies. I have been pregnant 5 times and each and everyone has been so different and was showing sooner with each one.

Your doctor is correct when he said that you are pregnant and that this is normal. But should have at the very least eased your mind by telling you each pregnancy will be different no matter what.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thanks Congenial, yes and I agree. I was telling him that I know every pregnancy is different and you show sooner and sooner with each one, etc. But I guess that's the hugest part that bothered me because he didn't even attempt to listen to me. I am in good shape and eat pretty healthy. I walked everyday prior to getting pregnant and still continued to do so afterwards. We just moved into a new house last week so I haven't been able to walk as much because I've been busy unpacking.

Sometimes it just feels like when you have a degree in a certain field, etc that you HAve to know more than someone else. I may not be a doctor but I know my own body....He was saying that I'm older now etc, but I am only 1 1/2 older than I was when I had my last child. Yes, alot can change in that time but my goodness. I'm just overall glad that I'm seeing a new doctor. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong---but I'd rather have someone that at least listens
    gizmoears04

Answer by gizmoears04 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Plus I'm still in my mid 20's......He was acting as if I was 80 or something...lol...Anyways, thanks for all your responses and comments. I appreciate them. It's just nice having someone to listen to you sometimes. My hubby does a GREAT job of being supportive, but he's at work right now.....Wish you all the greatest of things in your pregnancies....:-)
    gizmoears04

Answer by gizmoears04 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I've heard of it but it ended up being fake stories. We actually busted one of them in a lie.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010