What is your favorite shampoo and conditioner, and why do you feel it's the most beneficial to your hair? Would you switch if you knew what was in it?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i use Suave strawberries and cream shampoo/conditioner..it smells sooooooo good!!...as a bodywash/shaving cream, that is.
    and for those uses, no, i won't switch because of what's in it. LOL! besides, walmart sells it for what, $1.50?? it makes my Pureology more affordable!!

(weeza..y'know i love ya more than my luggage. )
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My all time fave is Burt's Bees. 97% natural ingredients

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• um hot dogs and every other food are bad 4 u what does it have to do with shampoo other than propoline gylcol being in both--also found in antifreeze? i use a shampoo with no sulfates or salts the bad chemicals can cause more harm than good and were why i was loseing my hair
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Pantene who cares whats in it, it smells good. This is the hotdog question would you stop eating them if you knew what was in them?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm using Aveeno shampoo & conditioner. Couldn't care less what's in it. Makes my hair amazing.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I use Phyto for Shampoo and Living Proof's humidity blocking anti frizz conditioner. The combo of the 2 is amazing. It would take some major gross ingredients to make me change.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

VO5..Sauve..same cheap stuff!! :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• "Pantene who cares whats in it, it smells good. This is the hotdog question would you stop eating them if you knew what was in them? "

So does Paul Brown (actually it smells AMAZINGLY better), but it's also more beneficial to your hair.
    It's not really a hot dog question. It's more like a: Would you use crushed asprin on a cut instead of Ointment for cuts type of question.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Or better yet, would you use wax and pathenol to make your hair LOOK healthier, or would you rather it's ingredients actually MADE hair healthier? (I used wax and pathenol because they are two of the ingredients in Pantene that are used to give you that "look" While the wax coats your hair and adds shine, it prevents proteins from re-entering the hair, can strip color or make it difficult for chemical services to penetrate the cuticle because it leaves a bulky build up. Weighs hair down, etc. And while Pathenol is a great products, it's not really a hair product. Its commonly used by EMS or Salons to treat chemical burns.)
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Aveeno and Burt's bees at least offer something that doesn't just give illusion to healthy hair.. but I've never used the products myself so I can't speak for how they'd work on my own hair, I can say I would at least give it a try over other brands.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010