any other first time moms?

getting ready to be at their due date and as scared as me? haha.

aliciamarie1012

Asked by aliciamarie1012 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES I'm mostly scared I won't get there in time for an epidural...haha it'll be the "knocked up" birth scene all over again. "AAAAHHHH I feel EVERYTHING!!!" I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain!
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• am not preggo anymore and i have 2 kids. best advised relax and enjoy the last moments of freedom. by the way epidurals dont always work. so even if you plan on getting one learn ways to deal with pain. in case the epidural decides not to work.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yet another fear lol...my friend got an epidural too early and it wore off, then another friend said it only numbed half of her...I think when the time comes I'll be so ready to meet baby Evan I won't care how it feels (hopefully, haha)
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i suggest if you do get it wait till you are 6 cm. by the way i got mine at 7 and it never took. with ds i got it at 4cm and wore of 30 mts before pushing. try to labor at home as much as u can
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• haha evans mommy, feels good to know im not alone haha :) i plan on staying home as much as i possibly can.. i actually plan on dealing with the pain unless i literally feel like its killling me.. i dont really want the epidural because ive heard such bad things about them but who knows how ill change my mind once im put in the position lol
    aliciamarie1012

Comment by aliciamarie1012 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• how good are you dealing with period cramps?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If it helps you to feel less pressure, 1st-time moms gestate an average 41 weeks, 1-3 days. (And that is the *average.* A due date is only a MID-point, anyway~)
    ;-)
    Consider a birth doula to help you (and your partner)!
    She will help you to progress and be comfortable, working for your preferences, not the conveniences of the OB staff~~

You can have FUN in labor, enjoy this VERY special one-time event.
    AND you can do that naturally!!

Good luck!
    :-D

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• im usually pretty good dealing with period cramps. and i sometimes get really bad ones.
    im just afraid of how my body is going to react with it and i hope i am strong enough to do it.
    aliciamarie1012

Comment by aliciamarie1012 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Don't be scared ladies :) You all will do great and you will see it will be one of the best experiences of your lives! Just remember to relax and keep an open mind. Good luck!!
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 4:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010