Discipline ........

How do you discipline your children ? why do you choose that way of discipline and does it seam to work well for you and your children ?

Sheleekieije

Asked by Sheleekieije at 1:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do time outs. I spanked her once and it broke my heart. She gets one warning, then time out she goes. Now that she is getting older, if we are shopping, she loses her priveledge of walking and must ride in the cart. Freedom seems to be her thing so when she gets in trouble, that is the thing that I use.
    I rarely have to do a time out anymore since she listens to the warnings the first time.
    Been doing them since 18 months and she is 3.5 now.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i spank. time out. and scare the piss out of him when it's something serious.
    i also use the babies.. if there is a baby around and he's throwing a fit i tell him that the baby is going to wake up and we don't want to do that. works every time!
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• DD will be 3 soon. Mostly I use redirection, getting down on her level & using a calm voice. That usually works. If it doesn't I give her options- "you can either stop doing this or that OR you can go to your room & cry or not get this special thing or treat or whatever." a loss of privledge basically. Sometimes a more forceful time out is required. Still other times I feel spanking is necessary, though not very often & only for serious defiance/disobedience/rule breaking etc.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2010