At what age should you schedule you child's first dentist appointment?

citykitty77

Asked by citykitty77 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• when they turn 1. sometimes its hard to find a dentist to take kids so young but there are ones out there who do. i took my daughter to her first dentist appointment when she turned 1. hope this helps :)
    lyricsmommy08

Answer by lyricsmommy08 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• actually i was going to do it right about 1yrs old but i couldn;t find the time so i just called today. check for a pediatric dentist in your area. my regular dentist does not accept children until 3yrs. my little one is going in november and she will be 20months. but possibly your regular dentist does accept. they do recommend at a year but its not really set in stone.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my daughters first denist appoint was when she was almost 2 . and that was because it was hard to find a denist in the area that took kids.
    MELLI80

Answer by MELLI80 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When they cut their first tooth. Just take them in with you at your regular appointment & have the baby sit on your lap while the dentist pokes around. This gets them used to visiting the dentist at a young age & helps them to be more comfortable with having someone's hands in their mouth doing stuff.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yep one is a good age to start but I've know some to wait till 2
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I took my dd when she was 1
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010