@ yr old told daycare mommy hit me

ok so I tapped my 2 yr old on the hand,and she told the daycare lady at the gym mommy hit me...the lady didnt say anything but then I told the lady i tapped her hand for being fresh (because she said this infront of me)....do you think this lady can call DCS? I never beat my child she is so spoiled and loving she never has a bruise and she runs up to me and hugs me the seconf i get her...what should I do? Im scared because I know people are crazy and what if they are required?

Erica358

Asked by Erica358 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's not abuse and DCFS will more likely laugh at a report on it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If they call DCS (which, I think, sounds like a pretty big IF), I'm pretty sure the only thing that will happen is an investigation. It sounds that you are a loving mother and that your daughter adores you, so DCS probably would figure out really quickly that there is nothing to worry about and that would be the end of that.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I doubt they will, from what I've heard from preschool, daycare and teachers in general, you would be surprised the things they hear coming from the little ones.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think you will be fine. Day care providers are use to seeing all kinds of discipline and trust me smacking a child's hand is not going to alarm anyone. Its not like you smacked her hands until they were bleeding or anything (sounds scary but I have seen it). Don't worry
    momoftwo0406

Answer by momoftwo0406 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Don't worry about it, it doesn't sound like it was a big deal to her!
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 1:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i dont think that u should be worried, unless the teacher say something to you about the incident to the side.
    MELLI80

Answer by MELLI80 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• try not to worry
    you explained - how did daycare worker look whenyou said tapped on hand?
    they have to report abuse, but do not think they thought this, also have to have some kind of if not proof, then some real thought of, they do not go reporting every little thing a child says

a few years ago, a step daughter told me that her brother (not from this home, another family) comes into her bedroom at night while she is asleep, she said she waked to find him sitting on her bad. i was freaking out, i called agency and they told me that THIS was not enough evidence because child did not admit anything, i told them that when i asked why he was in there in the middle of the night while you were asleep the child said " what do you think"
    social services said they could do nothing, she had to admit to me, i said you talk to child i am no therapist, they said they could not
    Anonymous

• Actually they are obligated to report this. When a child says mommy/daddy/so and so hit me. That have to report it. Will they do a full investigation? Probably not.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• the lady didnt say anything but "oh when my son was little I would wak his butt and he said mommy u said no hitting" But Im paranoid..what if she set me up..I did say oh i tapped her little hand bc she was pulling on my Chihuhauas ears and woildnt stop lol..making a joke about it....who the heck knows..there was another girl just listening what can they really do?
    Erica358

Comment by Erica358 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Not to mention my daughter is 2 and a half..
    Erica358

Comment by Erica358 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010