How can I keep my pets shedding to a minimal

I have a 5 month old pug and she shed's alot ! Doesn't help that my every room except for bathroom is carpet :( I vacuum my floors at least 3 times a day and it usually takes at least a good 15 mins or so . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sheleekieije

Asked by Sheleekieije at 1:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pets

• Usualy brushing them every day and a bath once a week helps. But not sure with a dog that has short hair...Good luck hope you find something that helps.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thank you !
    Sheleekieije

Comment by Sheleekieije (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my mom has a pug and she brushes her everyday and washes her once a week and she still sheds like crazy it is the breed but they do have lke i thnk it is a shampoo or somthing for shedding i was going to get it for my boxer but was told it would be a waste of time you could try try that they sell them at i think the human society and possibly at like petsmart or petco i would ask
    newmomma2011

Answer by newmomma2011 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• The air in the house may be too dry. For a dog with that short of hair, it shouldn't be shedding that much. You might want to try getting a humidifier for the house. There are anti-shedding shampoos you can try as well.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• We have 2 huskies. The best way to keep shedding to a minimum is to brush them at least twice a day. Once in the morning, once at night. I use the furminator. Works great. :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 3:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I might have to try that .. If the dh had his way we would have Huskies too !
    Sheleekieije

Comment by Sheleekieije (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Get a Furminator - worth every penny! We have a German Shepherd that sheds like crazy, and the Furminator works wonders :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Oh, and we get away with brushing her 1-2 times a week, and it cuts the hair down by over 50%
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010