How can I get my kids to stop giving me a hard time about brushing their teeth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• take them to get a cavity filled....that worked for mine...lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Mine would lose a privilege and I would tke them to the bathroom and brush them myself. Oral hygienne is a big one here. I didn't have an opportunity to see a dentist until I was 14 and brushing your teeth was pretty low on the totem pole for my mom. I have a mouth full of metal because of it. When picking battles..this is one I pick and win every time.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My girls love the electic toothbrushes better than the regular ones plus kid toothpaste. Use a timer to make it fun. They did come out with toothbrushs with lights or even the new one that comes with stickers might make it more fun for them. Also make it fun for them cause they got one year and we have done it ever since they started brushing their teeth. Put it in their christmas stocking from santa with a special note seems to work for out 8, 7, and 5 year old. Cause it came from santa and not parents. If try to out for the holiday you will have to give me a shout out to let me know if it works out for you as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I just let her know it's non-negotiable.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2010