fish oil

i've been reading firt magazine and they had 3 pages on it. it's suppose to boost your metablisom. i was wondering who else has heard of it or if anyone has tried it?

kimmys312

Asked by kimmys312 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Actually, Omega 3 Fatty acid, which is in fish oil, does more than just boost metabolism. It also thins the blood and helps cholesterol. My Dr. has me on 3000mg (3 pills) a day to help lower my cholesterol level. She also suggested almonds and flax seeds which have Omega 3 as well.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 8:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• it's a great omega-3 for your body, but it might make you burp a lot! you can try flax seed oil for the same benefits and none of the fishy burps =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Omega-3's reduce inflammation in your body but also improve brain function, cholesterol levels, and cell membranes. Because not all fish oil supplements are created equal, and when I recommend such products to my clients, I tell them to look for several important markers of quality. The product needs to be ultrapure and virtually free of unwanted contaminants and it needs to deliver a full gram or more of EPA plus DHA per day and they need to be pharmaceutical grade. To encourage daily use, the product has to be convenient to take, and it should
    have no fishy aftertaste (yes, there is such a product). And finally, I look for fish oil supplements that are fortified with vitamin D, an essential fat-soluble vitamin that too few of us get enough of. I consider fish oils to be next to essential for health, so I settle for nothing but the best.
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 5:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2008