Does position really make a difference ?

Trying to conceive a baby girl ...... I was told that certain positions can actually improve your chances of having a girl verses having a boy . Have you ever heard of this and does it really work ?

Sheleekieije

Asked by Sheleekieije at 1:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No, sex of the baby is dictated by the man's sperm, not sex position. there are things he can eat to increase the chances of a specific sex.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• no it really can't. every sperm is different and a position is not gonna make an X sperm swim faster than a Y sperm
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nope.. Position does not matter, time does not matter, what you eat does not matter..etc..etc.. (I've heard many crazy things over the years.. lol)

A baby' sex is determined by the sperm that is the lucky winner in the race to fertilization.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, but the one thing that does make sense to me is this:

"female" sperm tend to swim slower than "male" sperm so they also tend to live longer. Therefore if you have sex 2 days before ovulation rather than the day before or the day of your chances of conceiving a girl tend to be better.

Also I know a lot of ppl see it as myth but I checked the Chinese Gender chart for both my kids, all 4 of my mom's kids, and all 3 of my friend's girls and it was right for every last one. Maybe you want to look into that? Just google Chinese Gender Chart and you should find one to enter your info in.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm going to say the same thing is everyone else...no, there's is nothing you can do to influence the sex of the baby. Just go at and and hope for the best.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 4:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thanks ladies ..... Hope you all enjoy your weekends
    Sheleekieije

Comment by Sheleekieije (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Studies suggest that boy Sperm are Faster Swimmers, but die quicker in the uterus. Girl sperm are slower, but last longer. So in other words if you want a little girl have sex about 2 days before you ovulate. That way when the egg is released most of the sperm that is still swimming around will be little girls.... :) Good Luck!
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010