Does your child get much chance to interact with other kids/babies? Does he/she enjoy it?

StarrMom2Xander

Asked by StarrMom2Xander at 4:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't really get much opportunity to get together with other moms with toddlers. There are a few kids his age in our neighborhood, and when it just so happens that there is a group of them playing outside and he can hear them, he wants to be out there playing with them, too. He LOVES other kids. I feel badly sometimes that he doesn't have more time with playmates. But it is just not really in the cards right now.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes. My daughter is in day care and loves it. She's 17 months. When I pick her up, she ignores me and keeps playing with the other kids.
    Anonymous

• My son isn't a toddler, considering he's only 4 1/2 months but I go to a parenting class where other moms bring their kids. So Antonio will play and touch other babies around him. Its really cute.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• No unless you count his little sister. We dont go very many places. I have neices and nephews his age but we dint see them much.

When we do see other kids he loves it though.
    Anonymous

• we go to LLL meetings once a month, so he sees kids there. we have friends from the group that we hang out with often. I take him to storytime at the library and to "toddler time" swimming at one of the local community centers. we go to the park if not every day, every other.

so he's around other kids a lot. but he doesn't much "play" with other kids. he's a little timid and somewhat reserved around large groups (whether it is kids or adults). i think he likes it, although we were at the park and there were no other kids there, and he had a blast.
    sunnykate

Answer by sunnykate at 6:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My boys are twins so they've always had a live in playmate. In addition we've been attending a weekly playgroup since they were six months old. We've made some great friends there and get together with them often outside of playgroup.
    I love watching them interact with each other as well as the other children. It's lots of fun now because they're actually starting to "play" together as opposed to the parallel playing they did as infants/young toddlers.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• we live with my mother-in-law since my husband is on the road all the time. She babysits in her home so the girls are always around kids they love it
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 10:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008