Can you feel when your milk lets down?

I can and it feels like cramping.

What about you?

arouthier

Asked by arouthier at 1:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine felt like when you go over a really deep hill in a car at a fast speed. You get that fluttery feeling in your tummy. That's what my breasts feel like during let-down.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I remember a tingling sensation in my boobies.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• tingling sensation or pressure, when I was in the engorgement phase it hurt a little but not anymore. I hardly even notice it now unless I'm paying attention.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I just 31w6d pregnant but have been leaking colostrum since 16 weeks and I can tell you I feel a tingling right before they start leaking heavy every single time. I wonder if it will continue after my actual milk comes in...
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Gosh I've never tried explaing it. I agree with the first two posts. My boobs were always really full. It was like a faucet. They would always be ready, but right before baby was ready the faucet would turn on. haha I use to have the 'oh crap' stage because they would soak my shirt instantly (with breast pads in), for a while I would put a wash rag in the opposite side I was feeding on. They ALWAYS milked at the same time. My son would eat on one and the other would just leak all over as if he were feeding on it too. lol I can't tell you how many times I sprayed a very eager baby on accident! haha Poor kid.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• yes it was very painful. i had an over active letdown
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I still feel it years after weaning my last baby at times like when my grandbaby would cry. There is no milk, just the let-down sensation.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes it felt weird... started in the back and moved forward... kind of like the feeling when you foot falls asleep, and sometimes it was painful.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010