engagement rings

for those of you that wear a diamond, have you ever upgraded the stone? just wondered how many women do that, or do many make a point of keeping the original for always................

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't trade my engagement ring, it's very special to me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My original wedding set is still the same, but my husband also bought me an anniversary ring a few years ago. I usually wear that instead of my wedding set.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I can't afford to upgrade, no way. But even if I could. I really don't like that idea. It wouldn't be your engagement ring anymore. My ring has sentimental value. If I had the money, I might get another ring. Not a diamond solitaire, but something else completely to wear on another finger, in addition to my engagement ring.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I will never upgrade the stone. I am very sentimental and I love my ring.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• He made me upgrade from my first ring to a diamond after we got married. (to be fair he wanted to do it before we got married but I was just too picky, & ended up picking out my diamond on his birthday... HIS idea.)

I miss my old ring. Thankfully I still have it & Just need to get it resized so I can wear it again.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• what ever diamond is in the ring i will keep it forever no matter wat!!!
    KayNevLilSweet2

Answer by KayNevLilSweet2 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i have pink stones in mine and love them i'm not a big dimond fan... i can do without them to be honest.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• nah, mines too sentimental to upgrade :P
    LaughterHugs

Answer by LaughterHugs at 2:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I was lucky enough to get a beautiful and expensive wedding and engagement set, and would never want an upgrade. But even if I didn't get the set I have, I would never trade up for sentimental purposes. I fell in love with my husband, not my rings! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010