healthy smoothies

What do you throw into your blender if you're making a healthy smoothie (for yourself or kids). We've been doing yourt, berries/banana, raw egg yolk, spinach, and I want to start adding tofu. I'm looking for variations though:)

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 1:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• at BJ's or Sams Club...any warehouse they sell huge bags of frozen fruit. it's cantaloupe, peaches, grapes, honeydew, and strawberries. i throw a few handfuls in the blender. if i have fresh fruit like bananas or apples, well any fresh fruit or berries i throw some in. i like the bleander filled halfway with fruit. then i pore in 100% juice til its a couple inches over the fruit. i never add yogurt cause i don't like dairy in smooties. anyway you literally feel the smoothie healing your body as you drink it. so refreshing and no need to ad ice cause the fruit is frozen
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I use one frozen fruit and one fresh fruit, usually fresh banana and frozen berries (I like strawberries) or peaches, mango, whatever :) then I blend it with milk and if I am just making it for myself I add chocolate protein powder.

Chniamli

Answer by Chniamli at 4:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• A variety of fresh/frozen fruits & veggies. No dairy in our smoothies, no sweeteners, no nothing - just fruit. A little bit of 100% juice to make it thin enough to blend - orange, apple, grape, whatever we have.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010