Anyone have any tricks to try to induce labor?? I've tried a bunch of stuff I've found online but nothing is happening yet.

Miss.Jaime

Asked by Miss.Jaime at 1:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• those tricks rarely work sweetie. the baby will come when he or she is ready, just be patient :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Wash walls. That's what my ex's grandmother told me.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have to agree with tnm, I tried just about everything with both of mine, one was 7 days late, one was 9 days late. Nothing worked. They come when they are ready.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That is because your baby-body aren't ready to deliver yet.
    But they WILL be~ promise!

(*There is a reason you are still pregnant, it's a very important reason.)

Something that DOES work is Patience, Distraction, Respect.
    (*All a part of entering/re-entering Motherhood~~)

Best wishes!!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Stay busy. Do your regular. Don't dwell on it. Before long you will be in pain and you will wonder why in the world you wanted to hurry this up.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Actually my sister broke her water by getting one of those big yoga balls and bouncing on it. She just sat on the ball with her legs kinda open and sat up and down kinda stiff but not hard, and my friend actually did the Castor oil thing and believe it or not she wnet to the hospital the next morning to have her baby (and of course she shit her brains out the whole night before) but it worked and at least she was all cleaned out for the delivery! LOL
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 1:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Put 2 Tablespoons of Castor Oil in 2-3 eggs and scramble them together & eat them. Don't use mineral oil it doesn't work. Once you start having contractions eat the castor oil and eggs again. This will help keep your contractions going long enough so that they will continue on there own. It may take up to 8 hours to start taking effect. With my ds I ate them at 2:30 pm and had my first contraction at 7:30 pm. Ate some more eggs and he was born the next morning. The eggs are the best way I could get the castor oil down. It taste kinda like greasy eggs from a diner. I could not take it in anything else without gagging.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Again it could of just been their luck also! Sorry but you're probably gonna have to wait it out!
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 1:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Patience.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nothing short of nature or doctor can induce labor. ANYTHING else can only help a little and ONLY if your baby and body are ready to go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010