have u ever wondered??

What this world would be llike if everyone was a JW? Since they don't go to war and all belive the same way? I was wondering if anyone else ever wondered that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think the world would be a less joyful place with the lack of beliefs in celebrating holidays and birthdays and the like...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I guess I'm not sure how that would work. I think it is unavoidable that people have different beliefs and different spiritual experiences. It would certainly be wonderful if religion/spirituality were no longer a cause of war and suffering. But that could be accomplished if all people ascribed to any religion, and if all corruption within that religion was removed. So, no, I suppose I've never wondered that... lol. What I have wondered is what the world would be like if we all respected each other's right to our own individual spiritual path.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Even if God didnt exist...the principals in the bible should be for all to go by...morality wise mainly!
    Anonymous

• well they believe that only 144,000 people are going to be caught up in the rapture, so therefore everyone being a JW wouldn't be good at all, because there would be fights and probably wars over who gets to go to heaven and who doesn't....and don't they have a different bible?
    Anonymous

• Anon 5:45, I hope you realize the bible is not the only source of morality! All the religions have a code which their followers are supposed to adhere to. Many of the "10 commandments" have synonymous rules in other religions. I agree with the general idea of the post, that if everyone was a pacifist, the world would be a beautiful place. But I prefer diversity to uniformity. It makes the world a much more interesting place to be.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 10:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2008