8yo has ADHD

hi moms,
i have a 8 yo with ADHD. I dont need to explain what is it all about, u propably kno about it..
the only thing, gets me thinking,..there is something else "wrong" with her.

she acts weird, like a child, who has some other kind of "issues"...

like, shes making these bubbles with her mouth,and talks,...or she just keeps letting her nose run...she eats cereals, and the milk runs off the spoon, down her lips...or all these faces she makes.

I told the doctor, but the only thing he said was " hmmm well"

I mean, how many diff types of ADHD can u have? How are the worse cases, what do they look like?

seriously,..we sit there sometimes, and we think...damn..thats sick

does she has other issues? or is it normal?
not yet on medication, it starts in november

thank you

Alis28

Asked by Alis28 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• kids let their nose run...they tend not to care about it... I have to tell mine to wipe their nose.....

My DD doesn't have ADHD, but I can tell you she's a MESSY eater still! It's frustrating because she's 6 and I think she shouldn't be so messy, so I just keep working with her and remind her to NOT be messy and eat the correct way.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Both my kids, ages 5 and 7, have ADHD. I can't think of any times they have done exactly what you describe here, but they do some weird things sometimes. I think it's just normal kid stuff. If you're really concerned, you could always see another doctor for a second opinion, or rather a first, since your doctor didn't really say anything about it anyway. But I wouldn't be worried.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My SS is nearly 7 and I cannot explain the way he eats. He will end up with food in his hair, with sauce in his eyebrows. I mean he gets into no matter how many times I show him the proper way to eat and how to use a napkin, he is bad. Now that he eats lunch at school, he ends up going half the day with food all over his face and I don't know what to do about it. He will sniff instead of blowing his nose, so I have to tell him if he needs to sniff, he needs to blow.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008