Will I ever be able to have a baby naturally?

I don't want anymore any time soon so let me clear that up. I had a c-section due to my son's head being turned funny and he wouldn't come out. My pregnancy was risk free and healthy. If I have another healthy pregnancy, will I have a chance at a natural delivery or will it result on another c-section. I don't want to repeat it at all unless its a huge emergency.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes, you should be able to have a vaginal delivery next time, otherwise known as a VBAC.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• A friend of mine was able to have VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). She was so glad that she did a VBAC instead of going for another c-section. When you get pregnant again talk to your ob/gyn b/c there are risk. Sometimes the risk is higher than others because of why and how the c-section is done.
    Anonymous

• I heard that if you have c-section once then you cant go back, because you could tear and bleed to death, don't mean to make you feel bad but i have also heard that you can have a vaginal delivery too... so you will just have to talk to your doctor and see what he says
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 5:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You will probably yes. Me on the other hand no. I dont dialate(sp?)
    Anonymous

• i also hope to have a VBAC one day - if you are in good health and your pregnancy is going well then there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to have a vaginal birth. get a supportive doctor.
    yummymum_CT

Answer by yummymum_CT at 6:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Im pretty sure it depends on your Dr. Some doctors will do a VBAC, while others wont. I think there's also state regulations about this that vary among the states. Talk to your Dr. next time you get pregnant & see if they will try for a VBAC
    LilCsMommy

Answer by LilCsMommy at 6:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• 3 posts up, where'd you hear that? it's very rare for that.. anyways, yes you should be able to have a vbac if the baby is faced crrectly and is small enuf
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• As for what I've heard you can't have any natural birth if you have already a c-section. My friend also had an emergency and she was told that all her future deliveries will be by a c-section, because you would be putting pressure on the cut from the c-section and you get it bleeding again, and the internal cut last to heal about 7-8 years.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 10:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2008