When you get older does age really matter...regarding everything?

I have a new bf. She is 38 and I am 55. We do everything together, movies, shows, concerts, shopping, and we tell each other everything. She is unmarried but dating a guy, very rich guy, and I've been married for 21 years. I have so much fun with her, totally forgetting that she could be my daughter. I never think of age with her until she asks how long I've been doing something...like marriage, work, etc. This is ok, right???

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 2:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I am 31 and I have plenty of friends that are 20+ years older than I am. There is nothing wrong with having a younger friend. As long as you two get along and have stuff to talk about!
    Telesha

Answer by Telesha at 2:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• why is it not ok to have friends of a different age?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sure!! DH is 37 and I am 26. Most of my good friends are 10+ years older than I am. Honestly if you guys have fun together, and have things in common, thats all that matters.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 2:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think that's great and you can make her wiser and she can make you younger, good for both of you . I have young friends as well, but I'm a home body and don't go out that often, but we sure have fun when we visit.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am 38 and my oldest friend is 35 going to college and running my own production company keeps me young and your only old when you feel it friends come from all over the spectrum. Nothing wrong there.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• For me, ADULTHOOD is an age. Not in years. But, in state of mind. Once you're over 21, it's all the same to me. I have friends in all age groups. And, my daughter (now 33) says my SO and I act like we're 16 all over again. LOL. Yea, we're having the time of our lives. No restrictions, no curfew, no limits. So, no, age does not define you or who you should hang with. Enjoy people for who they are, not how old they may or may not be.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• IT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL FOR PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT AGE TO BE FRIENDS AND HE MIGHT JUST LOOK UP TO U AND THINK UR A VERY WISE WOMEN AND APPRECIATES UR ADVISE
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Age has never mattered to me. I am 28, my best friend is 42 & my DH is 41. My mom is 73 & her best friend is 35. They met at church & do everything together, it's so cute! My mom is not your typical 73 year old though. She has lots of energy, looks 20 years younger & has no problem keeping up with people more than 1/2 her age. They just clicked. I think it's great that you have a new BF! Frienships are so wonderful & imortant! Your physical body may age, but your soul does not. When you have a soul connection with someone else, it is beyond the physical world of space & time. At least i think so...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't think it matters at all. I'm 26yrs old and my friends are 41, 52, 53, and 24. It all depends on who they are. I've noticed that my older friends and I get along the best because they are more mature and I am mature for my age so it works out great. Age is only a number!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• One of my best friends is 10 years older than me. I have friends of many different ages.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010