When your husband says he's trying to be loyal, what do you think it means?

tamiol

Asked by tamiol at 2:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Just what he said, he is "trying". Obviously being loyal or knowing how that looks is an issue for him. He may want to be, then again he may not. It may mean he can't be but there is a sense of obligation to be loyal so he tries. It seems like you have choices to make....how much more waiting do you want to do for him to get there. I think you have the right to feel secure with your partner and hearing that would cause tons of doubt.

IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 9:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That he s not. That's nothing you "try". You are or aren't. Not much to think about.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My husband would never say he is TRYING to be loyal... he is. Sounds to me like he is trying not to cheat but isn't being too successful.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yoda said it best "There is no trying just doing."
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think what he's saying is that he'd like loyalty to be easier for him and that he isn't currently being loyal to you.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sounds like temptation is knocking and he's thinking about answering the door. Like my Daddy always says...there is no such thing as trying...only doing or not doing.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sounds like he is also Trying to Cheat! I agree with the Yoda comment - LOL
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• it sounds like he approaching women or women are approaching him and sometimes he acts on it and sometimes he don't ....there should be TRYING TO BE LOYAL. HE SHOULD BE TELLING U HE IS LOYAL AND FAITHFUL AND YOUR ALL HE WANT AND NEEDS...KEEP UR EYE ON HIM VERY CLOSLY ....SOUNDS LIKE U MIGHT HAVE A CHEATER ON UR HANDS!!!!
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• To me, it would mean that being loyal is a hard thing for him to do. If he really WAS loyal, he wouldn't even have to try to be.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I agree with what everyone else has said too....

"Trying"...that is a huge red flag for "I am not."

If he was honestly loyal then there would be no discussion whether he is or not. He is not, Period! Loyalty comes only in one form...100%, not half way or somewhat.

Why be with someone who says he has to try to be loyal to you? Seriously!!!
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010