poor managerial skills.....

My husband is like me, we both have the mentality of "if you want something done right you have to do it yourself" That works fine for me because i'm just an employee but my husband is trying for a new job as a manager. His current manager is always coming down on my hubby because he doesnt delegate/ will do everything him self if the employees don't do it. I'm worried that if my hubby changes jobs that they won't be happy with his style and he will end up loosing his job. His current manager is his friend and i really think the only reason he still has a supervisor possition is because of that. Should i say something to my husband and possibly end up hurting his feelings, starting a fight, or discourage him from looking for something better or should i shut up and hope for the best?

wildwiccan83

Asked by wildwiccan83 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Part of being a good manager is delegating. Maybe your husband should focus on developing that skill. Take some classes on management maybe? I have been in management at a bank for over 8 years. At first I tried to do it all myself. I quickly fell behind and had unskilled employees. I learned really quick to pass out the workload. Sure it may take longer for someone else to do something but it is worth it when your employees begin taking reasponsiblity and things run more smoothly. Maybe he needs time to grow into the role.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Shut up and hope for the best.

Answer by louise2 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm with Louise...........it is what it is...........maybe a lesson learned or maybe even a bigger promotion.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm just worried that he may loose the job and then we will be screwed.....My salary sucks
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about anything until, and if, he looses hisjob.You never know.I'm sure that someone out there would love to have him for new ideas.Think positive mama.And good luck to your hubby.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• bjane01- i'm hoping he will learn i'm just worried about the new place getting fit up with him before he does.

thank you sooo much ladies.
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010