Painting while pregnant?

Ive always heard that its okay, as long as its latex based paint.. is that true. I plan on emailing my midwife, just in case.. But id like to start working on the nursery.. Hubby will prolly help, but honestly im the better painter. : )

Cmyfantasyworld

Asked by Cmyfantasyworld at 4:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have heard recommendations against it, but I painted the nursery while really prenant with my first, and the entire rest of the house the week before I found out I was pregnant with number 2. Just make sure you do not tire yourself out, wear gloves and protective clothing (some recommended a mask, but it just annoyed me too much) and make sure you have a window open and a fan going. They also have eco-friendly paints now that don't have bad fumes supposedly, but I have yet to use them. I used Satin paint. Good luck!
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 5:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• my obgyn recommended not doing it but knowing me he also recommended using low fume paints (i think sherwin williams carries them) and keeping all windows and doors open for ventilation.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• They don't make lead based paint anymore, but you do have to have a well venelated area, lots of open windows and fans.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Mine told me not to but my SIL's said she could with the Latex paint.
    mrs_hartline

Answer by mrs_hartline at 12:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i was told it was ok, but if i started feeling light headed or sick to stop
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 12:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2008