How did you know you were IN love with your SO/DH??

What I mean is what was the point when, or how did you know that you were really in love with them? Was it something they did, something you just realized, etc...

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Hard to explain, you just know.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well, I did 'just know' but at the same time I 'just knew' with a lot of guys. for me it was when I didn't tired of being around him after a few months(lol) and I knew he would always treat me right. Lust vs. Love is a tough call to make at first sometimes(at least for me it was) it takes time to see what happens when the lust wears off.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well we were best friends that were having sex and hanging out every day, going hiking, playing pool, just having fun together but we weren't dating. we were just friends. well we were sitting in my car and Janie's Got A Gun came on the radio and he starts singing it with this crazy passion that just make me laugh hysterically. it made me realize how much he did mean to me even if we were just friends. it took me another 2 months or so to build up the courage to tell him i was in love with him. but i finally did...fast forward 2 years, we're engaged and have a beautiful new baby girl
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I felt emotionally safe with him. I felt a level of comfort I had never felt before and one day watching tv cuddled up with him I just realized I have found the man I am going to marry and love for the rest of my life. It took only a month and here we are almost 5 years and 2 kiddos later :)
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Honestly I had known him for almost a year when It hit me. We'd laugh & joke, but he was older then me, & I was in highschool so I wasn't really into him. (18 thank you.) & He had come over for a family cook out, & I was running late, I go bouncing outside, & he smiled at me. I turned around & walked back into the house & told my then best friend I was in trouble........ It was all the sudden. It hit me like a ton of bricks..

It really was a shock, because thats the same man who seen me on my birthday crawling out of the bathroom (I was super sick on my birthday & had to be rushed to the er.) The same man who dated my then boyfriends' older sister, the same guy who was friends with my step father.

6 almost 7 years later & I dont regret it one bit. Besides some issues in the begining which were caused by a lot of things, my own faults too, we've been going strong We have our issues, but I see that smile & I fall all over
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• shortly after he told me he loved me and i prayed about, thought hard about it and realized i loved him to. so we got married asap.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think being in love is a commitment not a feeling. When I felt totally commited to him I knew I was in love with him
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well, I think I had a maximum of 2 boyfriends in my life in where I experienced the 'lust', the giddy happiness of having someone in your life, and plenty of wishful thinking crushes, so I know what all of that feels like. (Never gave myself to anyone though.) My DH and I met through a writing group online and we started talking over the phone because we got along. No point in time did I ever feel 'in love' with him but I ended up moving out his way and he picked me up at the airport. The moment I saw him I just knew it as if God whispered into my ear 'He's the one'. (He said he had the same exact feeling when he saw me too.) Just to make sure, I took 2 days to 'think about it'. After that we vowed to each other we were meant to be and got married about a year and a half later.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 3:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• when he was the first guy to not put up with my shit.... he not only would tell me that he loved me but also showed me to. and he was the first man to make me see the good and that you really can find that one person you can spend the rest of your life with... but i was never the type of girl who depended on guys or even needed them in my life to feel ful feeled... but with my husband i found myself not needing him but wanting him in my life.... and i still to this days can't ever see him not being in it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• seeing him at my door felt like arriving at home.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2010