My soon to be 4 year old daughter seems to be relapsing on potty training....what can I do?

She was fully potty trained by almost 2 years old. Now she seems to constantly pee her pants, and has even starting wetting the bed...which she never even done while potty training.

ajncjsmommy13

Asked by ajncjsmommy13 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If she just started Pre-K, you can expect relapses. Are there any other stressors that she's going thru? For my niece, she wet her pants every day because she was too scared to ask the teacher to go to the bathroom. Finally mom talked to her and teacher together. Apparently another child had been yelled at for talking, so she wouldn't ask. Ask her what's going on. Good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am having a bad day. So, buy pull ups and relax.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Talk with her and find out if something is bothering her and if she is having any discomfort. You could also call the pediatrician and ask their advice. And of course there are medical sources online that would discuss it. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I agree (as I often do) with what elizabr said!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• She just recently started staying overnight with her dad for the first time...I think that was the cause.....i did sit her down and ask her why, all i ever got was "because" so i just started to do like a sorta "time out" when she peed her pants, I made her sit on the potty for 5 minutes.....she hates sitting still lol. She hasnt had an accident in a week and a half XD
    ajncjsmommy13

Comment by ajncjsmommy13 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010