Blood....

I went out to eat, and after dinner, I felt very crampy. My body has never been able to process heavier meats well, and I usually have to use the bathroom after eating steak, etc. Last night, when I went to the restroom when I got home, my stool was firm, and a little bloody. What could this be? Should I be concerned?Also, my mother wanted to know what blood in the urine means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• blood in your urine or BM's is cause to call the dr....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• blood in urine is a bad thing, as for blood when you BM it all depends if it's IN the stool go see a doctor, if it's on the outside it just means a hemorrhoid or you may have torn a bit pushing it out
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Usually bright red blood in your stool means hemorrhoids. Black tarry stool means bleeding up in your digestive system somewhere. Blood in the urine makes the urine look brown. It means a urinary track in fection (bladder or kidney) or a kidney stone. You urine doesn't have to be brown to have a UTI. I am a medical lab tech and the only times I ever saw what would look like blood in the urine to most people (red) is when women are having vaginal bleeding and it gets in the sample or they have eated something or took a drug that turned the urine red.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If you are constipated, a trace amount of blood after the stool is passed can be normal. Black, tarry stools can indicate bleeding higher up in the colon. If the bleeding persists, or is accompanied by painful abdominal pain, go the the ER.
    Make sure you have plenty of fluids each day, dehydration causes constipation. Eat plenty of fiber, and also, eating yogurt will help keep your digestive system healthy.
    Blood in the urine indicates a trip to the doctor. A urine sample is be necessary, and further testing may be ordered by the physician. Blood in the urine can indicate many things, 3 of the most common are bladder infection, kidney infection, and possibly kidney stones.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 3:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010