Blog Research Question #2

I'm doing some research for my blog. I was doing some reading about how the meaning of certain terms are subjective to those who are using or hearing them and a number of examples were given. This inspired me to create a blog around the subject, in order to do so I need to have examples from different walks of life & belief systems... SO, I would be much appreciative if you would be willing to answer & help me out...

What is YOUR DEFINITION of PAGAN & PAGANISM?
What Belief or Religious category do YOU fall in to?

**Please note I don't mean for this to be a debate, if you don't agree with someone elses definition please keep in mind this is solely for the purpose of gathering a broad view of opinions**

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some one who does not believe in any one god/goddess in particular someone who believes in multiple gods/goddesses. There is a big focus on nature. Anything else would be entirely speculation. I need to learn more really

Christian
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Someone who believes in more than one god/goddess and/or worships nature and themselves as having divine power.
    I'm Byzantine Catholic.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Someone who believes in multiple gods/goddesses and or reveres/worships nature
    I have no particular religion, but incorporate eastern philosophies into my spiritual practices

Chniamli

Answer by Chniamli at 4:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Someone who doesn't really fall into any other religious catergory. They generally believe in at least two Gods (at least one male and one female). They may or may not believe in the power of nature.
    I am an Ecclectic Pagan.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My idea is that Paganism covers a wide variety of nature-based religions.
    I practice Buddhism.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Being a Pagan in my opinion is a broad term. Pagan is an umbrella term for many spiritual beliefs and practices that is not Christian. I consider myself Pagan when asked, but I pull beliefs from a couple different belief systems. I follow a celtic goddess, and follow a lot of Native American beliefs.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Hmm, how would I define Paganism? That's a good question! lol I'd say "A spirtitual path or belief that often includes belief in multiple Deities, usually the appreciation or worship of a masculine & femine Deity or the masculine & femine aspects in life. Generally reverance & appreciation for nature are central & may include the pratice of magick, spell craft, or rituals."

I'm sure that doesn't cover everything but, that's the best I can come up with right now.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Oh, I would probably fall into the category of Paganism. I don't think I'd be considered a "typical" Pagan (if you can even say typical, lol) by most Pagans but, that is the most appropriate title for me.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010