Are you a parent of a chlid with RAD, ODD or other severe behavior issues?

My Ds1's behavior is only getting worse.
Over the last year and half that he's been in my care i have seen him improve with leaps and bounds. And now i feel like we are going backwards at an accelerated rate. Even worse, we're not just going backwards to the behavior he demonstrated when I first inherited him but back to the kind of behavior he displayed when he was living with my mom (his first adopted mother. he's biologically my second cousin).
Unfortunately, because of the way he came into my care I can not get him any therapy until the adoption is complete, which should be within 2 months at the most. But i don't know how much longer i can handle this behavior without the guidance of a professional. In this week alone I have had to restrain him 3 times. And this time he managed to dig his nails into my arm enough to tear my skin.
Advice? Books? Resources?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 3:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• advice: hang in there, i imagine its very hard:(
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010