Has anyone started and/or had children attend a cooperative preschool?

My daughter is 4, we just moved from Europe. I don't want to put her in a traditional preschool because I don't think it's worth the money considering what is usually offered. Plus, I want more control over the content. I have heard about cooperative preschools, but don't have one in our area. Does anyone have experience with them?

lorraine72

Asked by lorraine72 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm also looking into finding one in my area. I signed up with my local Homeschooling support group on Yahoo and they've been helping me get into contact with some people who are forming a Preschool Coop. You may want to check some homeschool groups in your area, many of online support groups or websites and they can help point you in the right direction.
    esd921

Answer by esd921 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• ok what's the difference between a regular preschool and a cooperative one?
    Anonymous

• Hi my name is Reggie. I put my 3 year old son Cole in a coop. Preschool. It has been a wonderful thing for the both of us. And the nice thing I get to participate on certain days. My son loves it, because there is always another parent, the classes are small. And they learn so much. Good luck
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Thanks, esd921. I will try that. Dear Anonymous, from what I know about it, and I am not an expert, the main difference is that the parents of the children decide the curriculum.Often the parents are involved with teaching a certain number of times.
    lorraine72

Answer by lorraine72 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008