Is it ok for a white girl to date a black guy?

My family isn't prejudice but they don't believe in white and black mixing. I met a guy at work that wants to take me out but I just broke up with my bf of over a yr. Should I go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Only you can say for sure what is right for you, I don't think there is anything wrong with dating "outside of your race". I think you care about who you care about and color shouldn't matter. I come from a small southern town, so I know not everyone has the same opinion. But, whatever, people are people....
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 5:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It's no big deal IF you find the right guy. I've dated a couple black guys in the past, and a LOT of them get with white girls and then treat them like abolute shit.
    Anonymous

• Go for it
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• That is really my opinion , we are all one race HUMAN. but my parents are totally against it. White guys treat you like shit too so what's the difference. Thanks for the advice!!!
    Anonymous

• I have personally never dated "outside of my race" but I dont see a problem with it. Im just not physically attracted to other races. The important thing remember is to find someone who brings out the best in you and vice versa no matter if they are pink, green or polka dotted! If you feel comfortable with where you are in your life and are ready to go on a date with someone (regardless of color) then by all means go and enjoy yourself! It's not like you want to get married to the guy tomorrow :)
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• guys that don't treat you like shit are so hard to come by these days, white or black or whatever. so i wouldn't pass any guy up that might be the right one.
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 5:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Ditto KristaRene.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i would date him- who cares what color his skin is
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• NO!! Don't take the black men!!!!! I don't believe in mixing either and I have some very nice black friends! There will always be problems if you mix!!!!
    Anonymous

• I say, follow your heart.. the world is fullof colors in every shade...... we are all HUMAN and that is what it should be about.. not the color of our skin. Black, yellow, brown, white, pale white, red.. whatever we all breathe the same oxygen, drink the same water, and live on the same earth..... so sweetie.. follow your heart ...AND HEY... It's a date..... not a lifetime commitment. o, have fun, enjoy life and relax...... :)
    thomaspartyof7

Answer by thomaspartyof7 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008