Am 18 years old and my OB/GYN told me to do and amniocentesis what should I do?

My doctor told me to do and amniocentesis do to a blood test wich did came out so right...He told me its nothing wrong their is a long percent that is something wrong with the baby but he wants to make sure.

EvaMaria18

Asked by EvaMaria18 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I really dont suggest an amnio cuz my sister had an amnio done last year and she was 6 months pregnant and the baby had died inside her I think is very dangerous and I wouldnt suggest it for my self
    MommyG203

Answer by MommyG203 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I don't like the thought of a amino because they can cause you to have a miscarriage and that was scary for me to think about
    michaelsgirl169

Answer by michaelsgirl169 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i wouldn't do it!!!!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do it. Dangerous for baby, and I am gonna have my baby (if I was pregnant) whether or not he or she had a health issue.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• THANXS ALOT FOR THE ANSWERS THEY ARE REALLY HELPING ME!...:p
    EvaMaria18

Answer by EvaMaria18 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If it was me I wouldn't do it UNLESS the Dr thinks its a life threatening condition that cannot wait or maybe the baby has a serious condition that needs correcting in utero.
    inquisitive-me

Answer by inquisitive-me at 9:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my first child (of two) amino was suggested by my doctor, I asked him that if they were able to tell any problems with my baby would they be able to "fix" them prior to their birth. My doctor said no. So I decided that I wasn't going to go through something that invasive if they can't fix anything anyway. Why have any possible results hamper the happiness of pregnancy and the expectation of your child?
    cappiccinomom

Answer by cappiccinomom at 10:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I was given the option of having an amnio done after my quad screen came back abnormal. There is a risk of miscarriage/premature birth, so I declined. I delivered early anyway, but my daughter was fine.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 1:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2008