Im looking for help grants for first time home buyers in UT

My DH and I are looking into buy our first home. With paying rent that it almost a house payment as it is, we have really havent had the chance to set aside money for a down payment. I have been spending alot of time lately trying to look into some options for us. But all I find are pages with links to more links that just keep going till Im page on the first page. I really want to get into a house, and I dont think we can do it on our own. And Im tired of the headache of sites that run me around in circles.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• You need to contact a Realtor or mortgage lender and ask what kind of programs might be available. There are very little 100% programs left, but there are still some that might work for you. A mortgage lender would know best. My suggestion is not to contact one online, ask around and find someone that a relative or friend has used.

If they do not know anyone, contact a Realtor in your area. They will know legitimate lenders that will be honest with you.

Good luck!

Heather
    HeatherColey

Answer by HeatherColey at 11:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thank you heather. You post a very good point to go through someone local. I think we are going to go talk to our bank when we get a chance (DH works two jobs, and doesnt have much time off.. from either job).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2008