Baby number three: positive or negative view?

I recently discovered that I am expecting my third child. Although this pregnancy was not planned I still think it is a human life and people should either be positive or keep to themselves. I have been receiving soooo much negativity lately from all over (family, co-workers, casual acquaintences) that I just wondered how many more out there viewed baby #3 as a curse versus a blessing?! I love being a mother and I happily welcome this baby but it seems as if the world does not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ALL children are blessings, some are just surprises!
    We have 4 and everyone thinks were crazy, but they love them all anyway. How can you not immediately fall inlove with a new baby?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I am expecting baby #3 too. I got pregnant with her 4m post c-sec. with my 10m old daughter. and i also have a 2yr son. i am not completely happy about this baby i would have liked to "baby" my daughter more before i had another one. And my family isnt so excited either they are more worried bout my physical heath then anything else though. I have learned to just except it and move on. i cant change it. people have told me you could still think about adoption if you dont want her and i just say "NO I CAN'T"
    Anonymous

• You know it's funny but we as a society believe "Less is Best" when it comes to having children BUT how ironic that we are a nation of gluten and greed when it comes to material items and money. Money can't bring you true happiness but children will bring you joy for a lifetime.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 5:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Ditto to Southerncharmes! I'm only on baby number 2, but my kids will be about 13 months apart, people think my husband and I are crazy. They also think we're crazy for wanting 12 kids.... but oh well.... I let people think what they will, they aren't going to change my mind!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think it just depends on the situation, can you financially support this one? Are you always asking for favors/babysitting? Maybe those close to you are like ah sheesh she's going to want more favors? Just a thought from the other side.

Congrats to you and your family!!!
    Anonymous

• In response to anon 6:04 pm: While I do appreciate your viewpoint and I certainly think that could be the case in some situations it is not in this ours. Yes my husband and I are young (mid twenties) and in all honesty this was very much a surprise but we both work, my husband is taking college classes and I can probably count on one hand the number of favors we have asked for these past few years. It seems like with my oldest 4 and my second 2 people were a lot less negative. I know that I am probably a little more senstive because of the pregnancy hormones but I have had several people make me cry lately. Some say "is this your first?" and I say "my third" and they just kind of say "oh"
    Anonymous

• clarify "my oldest 4 years old, and my second 2 years old"!!! LOL
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm on number 3 too but we had a stillborn... So I really just have my son here and now this new baby. I've learned to take each child as a blessing. We weren't happy about getting pregnant with my last one but when it was too late we realized how much we really did want her. Now I'm 17 1/2 weeks and am just thankful everything is okay. Children are a blessing and I would just ignore people that say otherwise.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Not that it's anyone's business but yours, but maybe it's the 'economy' that makes people respond this way? It really isn't their business though, if you guys feel you're ready to handle another one then more power to you, just ignore everyone else!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I totally understand. We dont ask for favors either unless it is for someone to watch the kids so i can go to the doc. (which has only been twice). They look at me bad because i am 19 and this is my third.

I remember when i would take my friends twins out when i was pregnant the first time i found out i was pregnant right when they were born so people that saw me with them when i was showing it was very mean.
    Anonymous