Anyone know any sites for a free list to hud houses? (UT)

My DH and I are looking at buying our first home. We dont make a ton of money, so I decided to look into hud houses. I hear you can save up to 50% off them. I have been trying to find listings online, but all I can find are pay sites.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• did you try looking on Craig's List in your area? I would start there. They have a real estate section! Good Luck!
    shsteele05

Answer by shsteele05 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Hi . I'm a Realtor and live here in Georgia. We can go to http://www.hudpemco.com and search for listings there. I noticed that Utah is not one of the states that they have on there. I would suggest contacting a Realtor in your area and let them know that you are interested in HUD's.

In Georgia we can have "buyer's representation", which means that an agent can represent specifically the buyer in the transaction. Find out if Utah has that also. It will make your life a lot easier!

There are a ton of foreclosures right now in Georgia that are great deals. Not sure how your area is...not just HUD's though.

Let me know if I can help or answer any questions.

Heather
    HeatherColey

Answer by HeatherColey at 11:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thank you for your answers.
    I have checked Craigs list, and KSL.com. Most people around here that are urgent to get out of their houses still arent dropping their prices too much due to the fact they want to lose as little equity as possible.
    We were trying not to go through realitor. As far as I know you will pay that way. Since they have to make money too. dont you have to pay fee's of some sort to use them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2008