Did anyone here try sex to induce labor past 37 weeks? Did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why would you want to induce at 37 weeks, that is not full term
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sex doesn't "induce" labor necessarily. Male semen can assist in softening your cervix, and intense orgasms can help bring on irregular contractions/irritability in your uterus, but that's about it. Sex never worked for me.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• 37 weeks is full term. i tried at 39 weeks and it worked the first time. sex and walk, clean, work out....just move move move
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• To induce? No. My midwife told me to go for it at the onset of labor (I had lost my mucus plug and was starting in on labor the next morning). Like xxlilmomma09 said, the semen can help soften your cervix but it also helps alleviate pain temporarily with the rush of endorphins. Semen also has a natural pitosin too which may lead some to believe it can induce labor, but I don't think the amount is as high as what they give you to induce at the hospital.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 4:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Why does everyone want to start labor early, when it is not safe for babies to be born before they are ready??? Is it a CONTROL issue? What makes you think you have the right to decide when you go into labor? What a bunch of impatient,selfish women!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I tried it at 40 weeks, past my due date. Didn't work!!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010