does anyone else have a problem with their SO acting more like a child then the kids do?

I have this constent fight in my house with my SO because he tells the kids they can't have something because we are low on cash then he turns around and spends money on video games that he dont even let the kids play. this is not the only thing he is that way with the amount of time I spend with the kids compared to the time he gets with me and what foods the kids eat because he says i buy stuff just for him to have.

MisticDawn6

Asked by MisticDawn6 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats one selfish SOB!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• guys are so dumb my husband was like that for a few months after we got married and we got over it after a lot of fights!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 3:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes. His cousin lives with us too (he's like our uncle jessie) so it's like i have 3 children... 4y, 31y, and 27y.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have been going through this for almost four years and its getting to the point that it makes me question the relationship we have because he only does this to my two girls not his boy. I was a single mom for many years and I feel that the kids can eat what ever they want as long as its not straight junk food and he throws a fit about them eatting everything but then again he does not pay for the food and does not buy food for the house so im very upset with his actions. I had a talk with him last night and our house will be here tomorrow because I payed to have it moved closer to my family so I could be with them and not stuck in the house with him 24 hours a day, and he brought up to me that the girls should share a room and his son should have a room to him self, but his son only visit a couple times a year and that would leave the room empty most of the time and he has not paid for any of the move and I have paid $6,000
    MisticDawn6

Comment by MisticDawn6 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well he needs to grow the heck up.... i'd say a good slap in the back of the head would do good... but you need to put your foot down.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My grandfather ate steak while his children and wife ate bologna sandwiches. He choked on that steak, just sayin...
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• lol thats great (not really great ) but I do like the what goes around comes around thought I believe in this very much. I just cant figure out how to get him to understand I have done the whole fighting thing and even called him a spoiled little child one time to get my point acrossed but it always go back to the same thing. I wonder if I only stocked the house with Roma noodles if he would get the point the kids love them so it would not bother them any lol
    MisticDawn6

Comment by MisticDawn6 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My DH is a child at heart but never ever acts like a child when an adult is needed!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 5:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think that is a little different but glad that he is a child at heart I have always believe that it is nice to act like a kid with my kids I even go play on the playgroud equipment with them while he stands there and complains that he wants to go home and play his games. lol.
    MisticDawn6

Comment by MisticDawn6 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My Dh is not at all selfish. He'd eat pb&j all the time if he had to, to give me and the kids when we want.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2010