Baby fever ?

My husband and i have two children, the youngest being 1. We are young, 22, but both have good jobs, i work at home. We also have a nice home for our children too. Lately, i have baby fever like crazy! I don't want another baby now or even for awhile but its always on my mind. My husband says he is content with 2. Maybe down the road when 'everything is perfect' (perfection is unattainable im my eyes) we'll talk. However, its not something he wants. This has broken my heart. I want him to want the same things i do. At 22 im not ready to say i'll never have any more. I'm so confused now. :( Any kind words or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, friends of ours waited 5 years between their first two and their third. DH was ready to have another then. Maybe there is hope for something like that. Relax and enjoy the two you have for now and you never know what might happen down the road.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I still have the baby fever from time to time but at 29 do not want to have any more kids myself but in your instance I understand that you want more in the future. I think if you give it time and see how things go your husband will come around and feel the same way you do. You are still young and the kids are still little so it might just take some time for him to feel the same way. When I had my first girl I was told that I could not have any more but five years later I found out I was pg again and let me tell you a five year difference in age is hard on kids.
    MisticDawn6

Answer by MisticDawn6 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• yup i was going to say that a big gap in the kids age is hard for them to adjust and become close. i waited for a yr after we were married to get pregnant while my daughter was already 3. wish i hadn't waited. although i'm not saying rush and get prego right away but hopefully your hubby will be ready to go in a few months or a yr. we discuss how many we wanted to have before we married. he may never want any more kids but if you got pregnant he may change his mind. i'm sorry i don't have anything better to say. i hope it works out for you guys.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I say give your brain a break with the baby stuff. Yes, your baby fever probably won't go away, so don't suppress it, just don't let it take over your life either. Just cause your DH says he doesn't want anymore kids doesn't mean he'll always feel that way. If I had listened to my DH we would have only had two, but we have five. Just enjoy your 2 for now and one day you may have more.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 4:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When the babies that I am pregnant with are born, we will have 6 children under 5, until my son's birthday in April. My kids are 5, almost 3, almost 3, just turned 2, and I am almost 19 weeks pregnant. Our 2 year old was a totally unplanned surprise. But it works for us. It just depends on what you want and can handle.
    piscesmommy123

Answer by piscesmommy123 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I will be 50 this Dec.And I wish I could have baby still.I have 3 grandkids.The youngest is almost 4. I really don't think we ever give up the mothering instinct.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010