im 31 weeks along and ive been having alot of cramps like menstrual cramps that make my back hurt like crazy and i get really dizzy.is that normal?

jen0394

Asked by jen0394 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do they feel like contractions to you? Is your stomach hardening with these "cramps?" Are they in a consistent manner? If so, contact your doctor. Drink lots of water and try to relax until you can speak to your doctor or get seen.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• that sounds like contraction, just like my ob descript to me the other day. He said if that happens drink a lot of water and lay down
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i dont know what a contraction is like,this is my first pregnancy and i havent had the money for birthing classes so i really know nothing about whats going on.its not my whole belly though,its below my belly when it starts then after awhile i get random pains in different spots in my belly.i get them every day now,usually in the evenings.
    jen0394

Comment by jen0394 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'd call ur MD. Sounds like contractions or maybe braxtons, BUT dizzy.... Call ur doctor....
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Go online and read about labor and delivery. Go to sites like Lamaze. You can to to YouTube and there are educational videos about L & D. There are 4 different exercises to help you be more comfortable now and help with L & D - squat, pelvic rock, tailor sitting, & Kegals. You can check out books and maybe videos about pregnancy, L & D, and babies at the public library. There are used bookstores, children's second hand shops, & thrift stores where you can get books. Anything by William Sears or Sheila Kitzinger is good. You may be able to find a student doula that will be at your birth for free or barter because she needs births to get her certification. That would be great! Don't forget to read about breastfeeding and taking care of a baby. You can go to LLL for free and they have a library.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yeah, I'm thinking they sound like either contractions or braxton hicks. The difference for me was Braxtons felt more like your typical period cramp or bad gas movements and didn't really have any rhyme or reason to them. The true contractions leading up to giving birth felt like the way waves come and go - the pain comes on slowly, builds like a wave, hits it's peak then starts to fade away much like the waves come and go at the beach. Again, like xxlilmomma09 said, call your doctor, drink some water and relax... just breathe.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Could be a UTI
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 10:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010