when you play

my son wants me to play with him all the time, how do you keep going? like to not be tired? just fight it or what?

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lotsa coffee :) or sleep when he sleeps so when he's ready to wake up and play you can do the same
    x1love1heartx3

Answer by x1love1heartx3 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Try to encourage him to play by himself a little if you can. It will encourage imaginative play and creativity. Don't push, just encourage. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• take them for a walk believe me it works cause they always take a nap afterwards... but do something like play cars is always fun.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't know. I just have a lot of energy I guess.
    piscesmommy123

Answer by piscesmommy123 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm with elizabr - I encourage playing by herself. My girl can run non-stop from 7:30 all the way to 10 pm and back at it every day. Find some things he can do by himself. I also do 'get her started' stuff, play with her for a little while then say, "I have to go do X, but you can keep going!"

Also: SmartE Bear. He has saved me MANY times. I hacked into hers so it plays all her favorite songs from her music (instead of buying the limited selection from the people who make SmartE Bear) so she dances around and sings and I'm free to get my sewing done. :)
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Encourage independant play..he will fight it at firt but like anything else if you stick with it he will conform. Help him start something and tell him that you need to do something (laundry, dishes etc) and that he is so good at playing with ____ and you will be right back. The whole time you are in another roo talk with him, letting him know you are still there and have not abandoned him. I started they day my DS was born. Seeing as he was adopted and there is a great chance he will be an only I did allot of research on encouraging independance.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Teach him to also play on his own.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010