What did your mucus plug look like? (and when did it come out?) adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm on baby number 3 and have yet to see one... Not everyone "looses" it in the same way and for people like me, you don't ever know when you do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i didn't lose mine...i'm sure it came out when my midwife broke my water but i didn't watch
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• (TMI) I lost mine a few days after my last exam before i was induced. It was brownish, thick and snotty looking... gross, i know lol. It may be different for everyone though, but that is how mine looked :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 4:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• With my first I didn't lose my until I was in labor. This time around I have been losing bits of it, it looks like boogers really lol. Once it comes out with blood that's your "bloody show"
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Honestly, I don't remember losing one, but so often with pregnancy everything varies so much. I was so the mom that watched every pregnancy video and went to labor classes for my first pregnancy...nothing happened like they said it would. I was so anxious for my mucus plug and all that stuff. All I can say, now on my second pregnancy, is that when you're going into labor YOU WILL KNOW whether you loose your plug or not.
    KalimanzMamita

Answer by KalimanzMamita at 4:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• with my last my bloody show game with it so it looked like a nasty bloody snot. I lost it 6 days later.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Off white, with tint of pink (bloody show) thick and some what clummpy (like lg curd cottage cheese) but bunched up together. a big phlem clump. Honest it was gross....
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It looked like the loogie from hell. It was the consistency of... well... mucus! Some of it was brown, some of it was pink and it was pretty big, like I'd say about the size of a half-dollar sized ball.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• OH! Mine came out about 46 hours before I finally gave birth. It was a Wednesday night and I ended up having my daughter on a Friday evening.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Never saw mine with my first two and have not with this one either so far.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2010