If I'd known

I don't know what to do. I wish I knew that we would be in such a financial bind I would've taken better caution during sex. We are pregnant with number 3 and are barely making enough money to cover our bills and feed the children we have. I hate myself for being a horrible mother and no one will hire me because I'm pregnant and can only apply for night jobs to make things worse. What do I do? We can't keep borrowing money from people....We don't have extras like internet, cable, phones. We are just trying to pay rent, electric, gas, & water (and food) we can't keep up with student loans or credit cards from school...I don't want my babies to go hungry, this is so scary. I I just don't know why this happened why did things have to get so bad, why did another baby have to be brought into this misery? We were living more than comfortable 6 months ago .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Maybe you should stop beating yourself up and be happy that you are going to have a sweet little infant who adores you soon? :)

Go apply for help through DFCS until you can get back on your feet.

All will be well.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• get a job working from home. ive got a list of money making blog sites and work at home jobs.. www.earningsinabasket.info we''ve helped a lot of people find work.

we were in the same boat, we lived bill to bill and my husband had to get a job he hated so we could make money until i started working from home, now i make almost more than he does a week. plus i get to be home with my kids when needed since they are now in school
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• it always seems like times are really hard and there is never really a good time to have a baby. somehow in the end it works out. i have thought the same thing as you as a single mother raising 2 kids and then got pregnant and unmarried. it just somehow works out. you could save on formula by breast feeding and diapers and wipes you could ask for at the baby shower and nothing else. there are state programs that will help you or a church. in az we have whats called wic i'm not sure if other states have this. google wic and see. good luck.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well, I have never had to do this (although I came really freaking close) but why don't you see if you can consolidate any of your loans, sometimes you can settle for a lesser amount than you owe and lower your payments, your credit might take a hit but you'll have a little more money. Then, I would apply for wic to help a little with food. DH lost his job when I was 8 months pregnant and we could barley make ends meet, if it were not for a family member that let us move in with them temporarily I have no idea what we would have done. We made some changes it were able to get back on our feet again... I hope the same happens for you!!!

ps I tried to get a job when I was pregnant too and no one would hire me, not even at a maternity store or a daycare! I feel for you!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i'm sooo sorry honey. Have you thought about maybe babysitting? ?There is normally a demand for evening and night sitters because most daycares arent open late.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Call your financial aid lender and ask about the Income Based Repayment plan. A family of five can make up to $38,000 a year and still qualify for $0 monthly payment. And it still counts as a payment as far as your credit goes. Good luck hope things get better for you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• they have programs out there to help also check with your banks that you have loans from maybe you can refinance to make payments lower or get grants to pay for the loans (that you dont have to pay back)

i so understand the whole not getting work cause your pregnant im in the same boat right now... its annoying. good luck
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I agree with the PPs. Get some help from DFCS, get your loans refinanced, and think about starting your own work from home business. I recommend Mary Kay, because I earn 50% on everything I sell which is one of the highest earning percentages in the industry. You'll be able to spend time with your children and care for them and earn money while doing it! Get in touch with me if you'd like to learn more.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 8:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Beating you up or yourself up is not going to help, and guess what momma--I am YOU, right down to the new unexpecte baby coming and my cost of living is totally OUTRAGEOUS, and I have a mortgage to cover not rent...UGH.
    BUT i have my business and we are seriously FLYING.

I will TOTALLY TOTALLY help you do the same, if you message me ..It will help you in more ways than you could EVER imagine.

Just say the word
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2010