Do you give your opinion on an answer even when it is not asked for?

If the question simply asks what color is the white house? Do also include why or why not you agree with the color and why or why not it should be changed?

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sure I do sometimes. I love when people give more details to my questions. I don;'t want everyone to give the same answer over and over. I love when someone posts an answer with details and back story. So I do the same.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• How far do you go? What if you know it is unwanted?
    foxracing43701

Comment by foxracing43701 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If you ask a question, I assume you want an answer. If you don't like it, then don't read it. But when you ask on an open forum like this, you get the pleasure if weeding out the answers you like and don't. It is one of the joys of the internet.

If my opinion is not wanted, then I should not be able to read the question. Meaning if you don't want the answer, then don't ask the question.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm only asking about questions with a factual answer that are not asking for an opinon. The person is only asking for the fact and asks nothing about what you think about that fact. you still give your opinon? It honestly doesnt bother me because I'm a big girl and I will tell someone that their opinion is not wanted but I'm begining to feel like some people will need to write that they do not want opinions with their answers to save time on weeding out the know it alls.
    foxracing43701

Comment by foxracing43701 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I saw your other post and can understand why you would be upset. But you did not have to refute her answer. If you had just said, thanks for your concern, but I will be making the choice that fits for our family, you would have shut it down right then. There would be no reason for her to answer back.
    Clearly she should not have posted her opinion on the issue, but you didn't have to argue back.

I am not saying it to be a bitch, but in a public forum like this you will get people giving their opinion even when you don't want it. Good luck :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• This----If you ask a question, I assume you want an answer. If you don't like it, then don't read it. But when you ask on an open forum like this, you get the pleasure if weeding out the answers you like and don't. It is one of the joys of the internet.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• it is this simple ladies....What color is the white house? .... White
    NOT What color is the white house? ....white, but i think that it should be green because white is a stupid color to paint a house.
    foxracing43701

Comment by foxracing43701 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010