Potty Training

My 2 year old daughter has no interest in the potty! When she was 1 1/2 she would go in the bathroom and shut the door that was how she told us she had to go. That lasted for maybe a week and then ended. Now she has no desire to go. She knows what it is and what you do on it but wont use it. She has her own little potty then I bought one of the childrens toliet seats that go over the toliet seat. When she is pooping she will hide or squat down so no one can see her and if you look at her she will put her hands up and say NO go away! I will ask her do you have to go potty? She always says no. Then sometimes I will just say how bout we go on the potty and she will sit on there with a book and won't go. She got out of the tub and I put her on the potty and she didn't go. But then while we were walking to her room to get her dressed she stopped and peed on the floor! Help!! Anyone have any potty training tricks?

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sticker book! A chart didn't help with mine because the reward was too late-coming. But get a bunch of those little stickers and a spiral-bound small note-book and every time she goes on the toilet, give her a sticker to put in the book. If she goes poop, give her two. Keep it near the toilet.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 4:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes! Go back to the Little potty first of all... Buy a potty book. Then when ever You have to go Potty then She goes and tries!!!!! And when she Successfully Potties you praise her as if she Won the Lotto! And when ever she has an accident you say it's okay - mommy has accidents too.... It's Important that Our children know that were always proud of them and that were not perfect so when they do fail they won't be afraid to try again...
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would let her guide you. I introduce the potty and pull ups. If they go they go if not I dont have a mess. But all of my kids have been trained around 3. My kids don't wet their pants.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010