OMG!! has your kid ever done this??

my ds came home from kindergarten today with poop in his pants. not diarrhea, but a nice chunk of molded-to-the-crack poop. i asked him why he didn't go to the bathroom, and he said, ''because i was in Center.'' (Center is 'individual playtime' that the students get if/when they've completed their day's work/etc.)
did the teacher not let him go to the restroom? "No..i didn't tell her. '' ARGH!!

you'd think he'd be embarrassed, right? i told him it better not happen again, as big boys do not poop in their pants because they are too busy playing.
please tell me i'm not the only mother who's dealt with this. (its never happened before.)

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 4:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• nope- hear this one all the time. Kids get too busy so why bother running to the bathroom.
    This is why you go out, get a nice journal, so you can record it and tell it to him when he gets older, or better yet, his kids :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• im sure you arent alone in this. My dd wet her pants in Kindergarten once because she was afraid they would make her flush the toilet so she held it all day..well almost all day lol.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• heck I remember being in elementary school maybe 2nd grade or so and we were doing a haunted house that I was in. I had to pee so bad through the whole thing and i didn't know what to do since I was in this thing that I ended up peeing myself, puddle on the floor and all lol...Embarrasing probably because I was older, but in Kindergarten it is easy to be distracted to the point that poopin/peeing may happen. I'm sure it won't happen again or it may happen again, but I would say it is only a problem if it happens on a regular basis.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010