I didnt realize it untill my mother pointed it out but I think my son has Colic...

And after reading about it online...One cause is....too much stress/anger....Well I wish I would have known this when I was pregnant...I have enough anger in me because of my husband to give 50 babies colic....

Any old remedies that help?

He likes to be "patted" realllly hard...(Not to hurt him but you get the point)...
He tries to eat..but gets angry and red and turns his head for a minute only to turn right back and try to eat..I now know this is a sign...
We're going to try mylicon drops and/or gripe juice this weekend(as his Dr ordered)...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he acts hungry but then doesn't want to eat, I would be worried about a reflux or digestion problem.

FYI - "colic" is medical speak for "the baby is crying and we really don't know why". MOST TIMES, there is an underlying issue that is making the child so so so unhappy. It could be something simple like gas (which the drops will probably help with).

Good luck.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Gripe water will help some but not a lot. Are you absolutely sure it is colic and not something else? If the things for colic don't help at least some I would go back and talk about the possibility of reflux. My LO had colic and reflux at the same time. I wish you luck and patience.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• a warm wet rag on the tummy or a warm bath
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• gripe water works. it doesn't make colic go away but it helps with the crying. does he cry non stop for hours? i also wish good luck and patience. my sister just found out her son was colic. she's having a hard time adjusting.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding him? Does he ever gulp, gasp, or even seem to choke a little bit when your milk lets down? His behavior sounds like my oldest son when he was an infant, and it was because my milk let down too fast and too strong for him.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html

There is great information on that page, you can read it over and see if it sounds like your baby. Try looking into that before giving him anything like Mylicon or gripe water, those might actually make it worse by causing a tummy ache. Good luck, I hope he feels better soon, poor little guy. My oldest was SUCH a fussy baby and I know it's hard.
    ToddlerBrain82

Answer by ToddlerBrain82 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010