Religion

If you meet someone who is a different religion than you, do you try to convert them? How hard do you try? Do you respect them when they say no or ask you to stop? Do you continue to be friends with them? How do you react when someone tries to convert you?

piscesmommy123

Asked by piscesmommy123 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't ever try to convert anyone. It horribly rude. I make my opinion known when it's in context, but otherwise let sleeping dogs lie.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Almost everyone I meet is a different religion than I am. I generally avoid talking religion with people I meet.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I do not try to convert another person. I am 7th Day Remant, we worship the Sabbath instead of Sunday. I meet many people of different beliefs. If they are interested in what we believe, I am more than happy to answer questions. Otherwise, I do not believe in forcing another person against their will to believe the same way I do. It is not God's way, should not be ours either.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 5:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would never try to convert someone. I assume they are on their path because it's the right path for them, and I would never expect someone to join a path that wasn't. If your not on a path you can be happy on your heart won't be in it, if your heart's not in it there is no point in walking that path in the first place. And honestly, I've rarely run in to someone who honestly felt they had a chance at converting me. I'm always up front and honest with people about the fact that I am happy and content on my path and that I'm not looking or interested in finding a new one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Are there any Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses who'd like to chime in?
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 5:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I cannot imagine ever TELLING someone that their spiritual path is 'wrong" and that the one I am on the is THE right one. I generally don't utter a word about my beliefs, or others when around anyone IRL.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't believe in converting others, I believe we should all find our own path, what resonates with us and spiritually fulfills us. What works for me isn't going to work for everyone, and only the individual knows what works for him/herself.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would not think of it. They're religious beliefs are their beliefs for a reason.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't try to convert anyone. The conversation about religion rarely comes up in everyday life, but if it does I respect the beliefs of others. If someone tried to convert me I'd be polite and but make it clear I wasn't interested.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I do not try and convert anyone. It is rude and disrespectful to the gods.
    If someone tries to convert me, the first and second time, I listen politely, then tell them no thank you.. after that, I get irritated.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 6:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010