i need help asap!!!!! what should i do

my 11 month old neice has a rash that goes from her head to her legs and a huge raised circle on her leg...no fever

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should call a DOCTOR!!!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i did they said to give her benadryl every six hours but it isnt going away
    jesslovesyou08

Comment by jesslovesyou08 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• sounds like eczema or psoriasis, i'd have it checked out by a doctor.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Do they seem itchy....I would take her in, it could be something or it could be a reaction to possibly the laundry detergent that is being used on her clothes. Regardless I would take her in. For relief purposes try putting a warm damp rag on her, might help with the itching at least until you get her in to see a doctor.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• she isnt scratching or anything
    jesslovesyou08

Comment by jesslovesyou08 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• and i cant take her to the doctor today it would have to wait till monday or i could take her to the hospital
    jesslovesyou08

• If she gets worse, take her to the ER.....GL hon.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• as long as she doesnt seem bothered by it keep giving the benedryl and take her in on monday. If you notice any wheezing,coughing, or changes in breathing you should take her in right away. If the rash gets worse or she starts to swell you should also take her in right away. It sounds like hives but could possibly be something else. Take pictures of it now so if it is not there on monday you will have something to show the dr.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Is it an insect bite? That sounds like a tick situation. I would take her to the ER. And I'm not a going to the doctor kind of person.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would give her a bath with mild soap let her air dry (if possible). It sounds to me like it's contact dermatitis (she's allergic to something that got all over her skin. ie; laundry soap, bath soap, lotion). I would also take pictures so that you can show the doctors exactly what it looked like. Sometimes they can tell just by seeing what the rash looked like.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010